Wednesday, January 02, 2008

तारे ज़मीन पर (stars on the earth)

That's the name of the movie that I intended to watch at the new Sterling Multiplex when wandering recently. However I only got around to watch it today.

New year was quite an eventful day. Left home at 0945 with the intention of continuing the engine change, but was definitely not in the mood for it. Seeing the hangover writ large on faces around made me crave for some excitement.

So, I asked the guys to pack up and headed to Inorbit for lunch and a movie. The theatre there was jampacked and same was the story with Rajdhani, the thali restaurant there. So, after a hearty meal at Pizza hut, off we went to Infiniti Mall in Andheri. A quick round at TGIF later, it was time for Aamir Khan's directorial debut.

One only needs to watch the movie to understand why he is labelled as the perfectionist of the Indian movie industry. He has extracted a sterling performance from the entire star cast, his own terrific role notwithstanding. The topic of Dyslexia has been researched well, and handled with the utmost sensitivity sans the traditional overdose of histrionics (except for the "Bam Bam Bole" song) that is so trademark of the Mumbai film industry.

I love to get involved in the movies that I watch, hence normally avoid the ones with shades of negativity. On the contrary, watching a movie that celebrates human spirit is one of those rare times, when I long for more than the usual gang of friends that I hang out with.

A group of guys will never call tears macho, although individual opinions will definitely differ.

The shocker of the day was left for the end when i reached for my wallet to pay off the Auto guy, and found that it had been stolen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home